Join us for the largest convergence of Asian Pacific Islander American professionals in the nation at the 26th Annual AAJA National Convention at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, August 10-13, 2016! AAJA is partnering with Asian Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) to bring together journalists, news executives, media researchers, business leaders, community action groups and nonprofits at the 2016 convention, which will feature a Presidential Candidate Town Hall. Read more about AAJA’s partnership with APIAVote.
Convention Registration Instructions
To register for the 2016 AAJA National Convention in Las Vegas, you must first log in or create an account at AAJA.org (AAJA membership is not required to create an account). Once logged in to your account:
- Click “Convention 2016” under “Events” on the right side of your AAJA homepage.
- Click the “Register Now” link at the bottom of the page and proceed through the steps of the online registration form. Review the rates below to select your desired registration fee. Some rates are only available to current AAJA members. You may join or renew your AAJA membership from your homepage by clicking on “Join/Renew” at the top right-hand corner of your homepage.
- On the last page, be sure to click “Submit Order” to finish your registration. You will receive an email confirming your order and registration.
Please note: the last day to register online for the convention will be August 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. After this date, registration will only be available on-site beginning August 10.
If you prefer to register for convention using a physical form, please download it here and follow the instructions for payment.
Convention Registration Rates
Whether you are a media industry veteran, new to the field or still in school, the convention is a can’t-miss event for media professionals and future journalists looking to network and grow in their careers. The four-day convention includes plenary sessions, panel workshops, seminars and other activities with interactive discussions about industry and community issues. The convention’s Career Fair & Expo features top news and media companies, universities and journalism industry services, along with organizations and companies eager to expose their brands to AAJA and APIAVote’s network of talented journalists and community groups.
The 2016 National Convention will culminate with the AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet on Saturday, August 13. AAJA student scholarship recipients will be honored, and national journalism and special awards will be presented to recognize excellence in journalism.
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas is the official host hotel for the 2016 AAJA National Convention. AAJA’s group rate is $154 per night (Wednesday, August 10 – Saturday, August 13) for single and double rooms. The deadline to book with the AAJA group rate is Monday, July 25. Beginning July 19, rooms will be based on availability and prices will return to prevailing rates. Find out complete hotel details and book your room early!
- Be advised that AAJA will hold its 2016 Annual Convention room block only at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. No other housing organization is associated with our conference or the room block. Caesars Palace will never call you to make a reservation, and they will not offer any rates different than what has been communicated on our site.
2016 Career Fair & Expo Hall
- Is your organization interested in connecting with hundreds of top-tier journalists and business professionals? Exhibitor registration and details can be found here.
AAJA is happy to work with your company or organization on sponsoring the 2016 AAJA National Convention. Please reach out to Vicki Shu at VickiS@oldsite.aaja.org with questions.
- Are you interested only in attending our AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet? You may purchase a stand-alone ticket to the gala for $100. Follow the Convention Registration Instructions above and simply select “Gala Banquet Ticket” instead of the other standard registration options.
- Are you interested in only attending one day at convention? Single day passes are available for Thursday, August 11, Friday, August 12 and Saturday, August 13 at $275 per day (when registering online by August 3). Select the day you wish to attend when completing the convention registration process through your AAJA online account.
- Connect with us. Follow @aaja for convention updates on Twitter, hashtag #AAJA16. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All requests must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office and received (not postmarked) by July 8, 2016. Include your name, address, cell phone number, and email address in the request. Send your cancellation request to email@example.com or fax to 415-346-6343. A $50 administrative fee will be deducted. The refund will be issued to the original form of payment. No refund requests will be honored after 4 P.M. PST on July 8, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Transferring convention registration is prohibited without authorization from the AAJA National Office. All requests must be submitted in writing by the current registrant no later than July 29, 2016. A $25 administrative fee will be required for transfer requests. NO EXCEPTIONS. The request must include the following:
- $25 transfer fee
- Name and signature of the original registrant
- Name, title and company/institution, e-mail address and cell phone number of the person receiving the transferred registration
AAJA reserves the right to deny registration and sponsorship, to any individual or company, that may result in a conflict of interest for our organization or does not adhere to AAJA’s code of conduct.
Featured image of the Las Vegas strip courtesy of AP Images.