Whether you are looking for talented hires for your company, seeking to expose your products and services, or wanting to enhance your brand engagement, don’t miss the opportunity to exhibit at the 2016 AAJA National Convention Career Fair & Expo.
The Career Fair & Expo is a highlight of the AAJA National Convention, taking place at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, August 10 – 13, 2016. Join an elite group of exhibitors and connect with our attendees at the largest convergence of Asian Pacific Islander American professionals in the nation in partnership with APIAVote! The 2016 Career Fair & Expo days and times are as follows:
- Thursday, August 11, 9am – 6pm
- Friday, August 12, 9am – 12pm
- Saturday, August 13, 9am – 12pm
As an exhibitor, your booth package includes:
- One (1) 8′ x 10′ booth
- Two (2) complimentary exhibitor registrations
- One (1) countertop table
- Two (2) chairs
- One (1) wastebasket
- One (1) ID sign displaying the name of your company
Additional exhibitor registrations are available for $200 each. You may register and pay for a third exhibitor during the online booth registration process. If you would like more than 3 exhibitors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
View a printable 2016 Career Fair & Expo Hall Sales Kit for complete details.
Add-On Package: Recruiter Plus
In addition to AAJA’s standard exhibitor booth package, Recruiter Plus is designed specifically for media organizations. This enhanced recruiter tool allows recruiters to preview the résumés of candidates interested in meeting with your organization, helping to maximize the recruiter’s time by allowing you the opportunity to schedule an onsite interview. The purchase also comes with five (5) complimentary job postings on AAJA’s Career Listings. View a printable 2016 Recruiter Plus Sales Kit for complete details.
The deadline to purchase Recruiter Plus is Friday, July 15. The Recruiter Plus add-on package can be purchased as a standalone option, or with a media booth purchase. Please note that the Recruiter Plus add-on is not available for purchase with a corporate (non-media) or nonprofit, ethnic journalism or journalism school booth purchase.
Corporate Member Package
Interested in continuing your recruitment efforts with AAJA before and after the 2016 National Convention? Purchase your 2016 AAJA corporate membership and receive additional benefits at the Career Fair & Expo, including premium booth space, Recruiter Plus and unlimited job postings on AAJA’s Career Listings until December 31, 2016. View a printable 2016 Career Fair & Expo Corporate Member Package Sales Kit for complete details.
Traveling from out of town? The convention host hotel, Caesar’s Palace, is offering convention attendees a special AAJA group rate of $154 per night (Wednesday, August 10 – Saturday, August 13) for single and double rooms. This rate is valid now through July 18, 2015. Reserve rooms for your exhibitors now.
AAJA is happy to work with your company or organization on sponsoring the 2016 AAJA National Convention. Please reach out to Vicki Shu at VickiS@oldsite.aaja.org with questions or see sponsorship opportunities here.
We appreciate your interest in joining us at the 26th Annual AAJA National Convention in Las Vegas, and hope to see you there! If you have any questions about the Career Fair & Expo, please contact Justin Seiter at email@example.com or at 415-346-2015 ext 107.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Nothing shall be constructed, built, installed or used as part of or in connection with any exhibit that does not conform with the requirements of federal, state and municipal laws, ordinances, fire codes and regulations. AAJA retains the right to make additional rules and regulations as deemed necessary and proper.
Each 8- x 10-foot booth includes a draped countertop table, two chairs, waste basket and signage with the name of your company. Additional furniture, computer hookups, electrical outlets and internet access is not included and can be ordered through an exhibitor kit; details will be provided at a later date.
1. EXHIBIT SPACE. The exhibit space contracted for herein is to be used strictly by the Exhibitor whose name appears on the Contract for the space. It is specifically understood and agreed that the Exhibitor will neither sublet nor assign any portion of the space contracted for herein. Exhibitors who resell or sublet space or render their badges to unauthorized persons will forfeit their exhibit space and/or future privileges. Exhibitor must show only the goods and services they manufacture, distribute or provide in the regular course of business. No individual, company or organization not assigned exhibit space will be permitted to solicit business within the exhibit area. No exhibits or displays of any kind are permitted in rooms or suites.
2. INDEMNITY. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AAJA from any and all liability to any person or persons of any conditions of the Rules and Regulations, or by any reason of any condition, defective or otherwise, of any apparatus, equipment or fixtures furnished by Exhibitor in connection with its exhibit. Exhibitor further agrees to hold harmless AAJA, its officers, directors, employees and members from any act or omission of said Exhibitor, or any of its agents, servants or employees. Indemnity includes, but is not limited to, claims or copyright, trademark or patent infringement, unfair competition and product liability. The Exhibitor, on submissions of the Career Fair & Expo Booth and Exhibitor Registration Form, expressly releases the forenamed association and individuals from any and all claim for such loss, damage or injury. Further, Exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages and claims arising out of injury or damage to Exhibitor’s displays, equipment or other property brought upon the premises.
3. USE OF AISLES, ETC. The aisles, passageways and overhead spaces remain strictly under control of AAJA, and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising matter or special exhibits will be permitted in them except by special permission granted by AAJA. All exhibits must remain within the confines of their own spaces.
4. SECURITY NON-LIABILITY. AAJA will provide security during the hours the exhibit area is closed, but will have no liability for any loss or damage sustained by Exhibitor during such hours or any other time, whatever the cause.
5. BOOTH LOCATIONS AND FLOOR PLAN. Whenever possible, space assignments will be made by AAJA in keeping with the preferences specified by the Exhibitor. AAJA, however, reserves the right to make the final determination of all space assignments in the best interest of the exposition. AAJA reserves the right to alter the booth layout and location of the exhibit spaces, at its sole discretion, in the best interest of the exposition. Exhibit(s) must be confined to and within the space(s) leased.
6. FORCE MAJEURE. Should any emergency arise prior to the opening date of the exhibit that would prevent its scheduled opening, including but not limited to acts of God, government authority, disaster, terrorist attack in the location of hotel, civil unrest or other emergencies, any of which make it inadvisable, illegal or impossible to provide the facilities for the exhibit halls, it is expressly understood and agreed that AAJA may reschedule the event as near to the original date and site as possible. AAJA may retain as much as the pre-payment for exhibit spaces as it deems necessary to cover expenses incurred should it be impossible to reschedule the conference. Regardless of the reason for cancellation or postponement of the convention, AAJA will not be held responsible for any loss by Exhibitor resulting therefrom.
7. EXHIBITOR APPOINTED CONTRACTORS. Should Exhibitor utilize an exhibit contractor other than the Official Show Contractor, AAJA and Official Show Contractor will require a certificate of insurance and list of all workers’ names assigned and a signed EAC form, 30 days prior to event.
8. FREIGHT HANDLING/DRAYAGE. The Official Show Contractor shall handle all Exhibitor freight shipments within convention facility. The use of loading areas/docks will be limited to Official Show Contractor exclusively. Exhibitor may not hand carry exhibitory into the exhibit area through the “front of house” entrances. The use of dollies, hand trucks or wheeled carts by Exhibitor in common areas, services areas, or on the exhibit floor is prohibited.
9. NON-ENDORSEMENT. The exhibiting of products and services does not constitute an endorsement by AAJA of any product or service exhibited. Exhibitors are not permitted to represent in any manner that its goods or services have been endorsed by AAJA.
10. OFFICIAL CONTRACTOR. Exhibitor must use exposition management-appointed contractors for electrical work, plumbing, material handling, rigging, cleaning, standard show rental furniture and floor covering, and telephones. Official show contractors are recommended for other services. Order forms are provided in the exhibitor kit.
11. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. Exhibitor is liable for any damage caused to building floors, walls or columns, or to standard booth equipment, or to another exhibitor’s property or the convention venue.
12. SET-UP AND DISMANTLING. Set-up for exhibitors will take place the afternoon of Wednesday, August 10 from 1pm – 5pm. Dismantling will take place the afternoon of Saturday, August 13 from 12m – 1:30pm.
13. CANCELLATION POLICY. All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office (5 Third Street, #1108, San Francisco, CA 94103), and received on or before 4 p.m. PST July 22, 2016. A $150 fee will be deducted from booth cancellations. No refunds after July 22, 2016. No refund requests by phone. There will be no exceptions.
Featured image courtesy of Vasna Wilson.