Going to AAJA’s National Convention in New York this year? If you’re coming from out of town, don’t pay for a taxi! Uber and SuperShuttle are offering exclusive discounts for AAJA members at convention.
This on-demand transportation service will provide new Uber users a free ride (up to $30 off) to or from the convention and any New York City airport. How does it work? Using Uber’s free iPhone/Android app (or the mobile web app at m.uber.com), you can request a pickup and a black car driven by a professional driver will show up in minutes. Your credit card is billed directly for your trip and there’s no need to tip, so you won’t need to carry cash. You can even see the car coming towards you on a map.
Follow these steps to get $30 off your ride:
- Download the free Uber iPhone/Andriod app (or sign up at uber.com/go/promo for the m.uber.com feature on your browser).
- Sign up with all your information and enter the promo code “AAJANYC.”
- Request a ride 5 to 15 minutes before you need one. $30 will be applied towards your first ride.
Already riding with Uber? Use promo code “AAJANYC10” for 10% off your ride the day of the event. Check out uber.com/nyc or email supportNY@uber.com for more information.
SuperShuttle is a shared-ride airport shuttle service providing door-to-door ground transportation. They are offering $2 per person off a Shared Ride Van Service one way, and $5 per person off a Shared Ride Van Service roundtrip.
Reservations are booked online and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Go to www.supershuttle.com and follow these instructions:
- On the Welcome page, enter “AAJA” in the Group/Discount code box and enter your itinerary under “Airport Transfers.”
- On the Hotel/Landmark Search page, search for the Hilton New York or add the address manually.
- On the Rates page, select the Shared Ride Van Service.
- On the Flight Details page, enter your flight information.
- On the Pick-Up Times tab, select the first time offered for fastest service.
- On the Payment tab, select Credit Card under payment type. Enter desired gratuity.
- On the Review tab, check your entries for correctness.
- On the Confirmation tab, please print two copies if you are making a round-trip reservation.
Upon arrival to any New York City Airport:
- Claim your luggage.
- Follow signs to the Ground Transportation Information desk in baggage claim.
- Guests should locate the courtesy phone next to Ground Transportation Desk. Press the appropriate button marked “SuperShuttle” to be connected with dispatch. Identify yourself and give your confirmation number.
Check out how SuperShuttle works for more information.